Franklin School is the Corvallis School District’s only K-8 school and is also the only non-boundary area school. Our diverse student population reflects the Corvallis community. Franklin students experience the Core Knowledge Curriculum, a sequential and structured curriculum designed to give all children the advantage of a solid foundation in cultural literacy.
- Enrollment at Franklin is done through a lottery process. Families of all prospective new students must submit a transfer request through the Corvallis School District during the transfer window in the spring (typically March or April.)
- Families of prospective Kindergarten students need to complete enrollment at their home school in March as well as request a transfer to Franklin. Once the transfer request has been completed your registration information will be obtained from your home school.
- Families must provide transportation for their student to and from school. After-school busing is available to the Boy’s and Girl’s Club of Corvallis each school day.
We are committed to providing all students with a relevant and challenging education that prepares them to be engaged and contributing citizens. Our motto is What You Do Matters!
- All children can learn.
- Children learn in a secure, supportive environment.
- Children can achieve high academic performance.
- Self-esteem grows when accomplishments are made in a challenging environment.
- Enthusiasm by students, families, and teachers enhances learning.
- Family and school are partners in the educational process.
Craig Harlow, Principal
Mr. Harlow has been the principal at Franklin School since 2018.
He has more than 34 years in education. During his career, he has been a teacher and school administrator in a variety of school districts including Chehalis, Bend-LaPine, Baker, Hillsboro, and Central School District. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Eastern Washington University and a Master in Teaching degree from Seattle University.