Want to Volunteer in the classroom or for an event?
You must be a cleared volunteer to work in the classroom or any PTA or school event. See information below on how to become a cleared volunteer.
If you are interested in helping with any PTA events such as health screening, Back-to-School party, Sock Hop, newsletter, etc. please email Volunteer Coordinator, Joy Ueng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information about Volunteering at Franklin
- For security reasons, the school district requires all adults in the school to wear badges identifying them. All volunteers to our building need to process a Criminal History Verification (CHV) every two years. Complete the CHV online at http://https://www.csd509j.net/students-parents/volunteer/volunteer-application/
- When you do volunteer work for Franklin, either at the school or not, please check in at the HelpCounter*
The Corvallis School District requires a Criminal History Check Procedure - all volunteer background forms are going to be completed online. The online form are available now on the district website. Volunteer applicants must be cleared before they volunteer. The background check will be good for two years. Background checks will be processed once a week (on Friday) and we should have results back by the following Wednesday.
Once you are ALREADY A CLEARED VOLUNTEER we need you to follow these steps to finish your profile:
1. Follow this link: http://www.helpcounterweb.com/homeaccess?aid=gkpfnppnln. The system will ask you if you have a password or not. At this point you DO NOT. You will need to enter your email address and the system will send you a password via email.
2. Open the email and click the newly-provided link. Log into the system using your email and the password that was provided to you. (you will have the opportunity – if you like – to change your password while you are updating your profile)
3. Update your profile information. Be sure to go through all sections so the data is as complete and accurate as possible.
4. Take a moment to record your login/password as you will be using this each school year to update your profile information