The 10th Annual “Golden Shoe” Jog-a-thon was on October 12, 2018! Prizes for top earners and top runners included:
- K – Razor Scooter, Papa’s Pizza Birthday Party Package;
- 1st – Razor Scooter, The Little Gym Birthday Party;
- 2nd – Vtech Kidizoom Smartwatch;
- 3rd – Razor Ripstick;
- 4th – Two passes to Get Air;
- 5th – Two passes to Evergreen Wings and Waves Waterpark;
- 6th – Movie Package including movie tickets and HD Digital Camcorder;
- 7th & 8th – 2-hour Limo Ride for the winner and 9 friends
We also had a participation raffle and everyone who participated received a cold treat and a coupon for a free mini pizza from Papa’s Pizza.
The Jog-a-thon is a fun run organized by the Franklin PTA to raise funds for technology, music, art & academic enrichment. This exciting event encourages our students to be physically active and healthy.
How does it work?
Sponsor a student to run/jog/walk as many laps as possible around the Corvallis High School Track in a 30 minute time period. (Kindergartners participate by running in the gym.) For every lap run, the sponsor pays the amount pledged. Sponsors can be family, friends & neighbors.
How much do I pledge? Things to consider….
100% of all donations go straight to Franklin and are tax deductible. On average most kids run about 9 laps around the field (1 mile is equal to 4 laps)
What is the money used for?
Funds raised for the Jog-a-thon will be used to support kids, enhancing their academic environment.
Funds from past jog a thons continue to support the school’s technology needs with items such as:
- iPods for each of the music teachers to organize classroom music
- headphones and adapters for the computer lab
- Projectors for the classrooms
- Math curriculum
- Wireless microphone
2017-18 funds raised: $18,215.30
For general questions please contact Jasmin Woodside at Jasminwoodside@yahoo.com