Jog a Thon – October 21th, 2016
Want to help?
Contact Jasmin Woodside @ Jasminwoodside@yahoo.com
Last year we raised around $15,000 including our HP match!!
Our 2016 goal is to raise $10,000. With ~250 Franklin families,this is possible if each family raises $40.
Download the jog a thon packet here.
The Jog-a-thon is a fun run organized by the Franklin PTA to raise funds for technology, music, art & academic enrichment. This exciting event encourages our students to be physically active and healthy. Please encourage your student to participate. There are lots of great individual and school prizes.
How does it work?
Sponsor a student to run/jog/walk as many laps as possible around the Corvallis High School Track in a 30 minute time period. (Kindergartners participate by running in the gym.) For every lap run, the sponsor pays the amount pledged. Sponsors can be family, friends & neighbors.
On the day of the Jog-a-thon, your children will come home with a card with the number of laps run. Tally your pledge sheet. Return collected money by Wednesday, November 2nd.
Parent volunteers help by recording the number of laps run, providing water and cheering students on. Want to join in the volunteer fun? Email Naomi Oak at firstname.lastname@example.org
How much do I pledge? Things to consider….
100% of all donations go straight to Franklin and are tax deductible.
On average most kids run about 9 laps around the field (1 mile is equal to 4 laps)
What is the money used for?
Funds raised for the 2016 Jog-a-thon will be used to support kids,
enhancing their academic environment. Last year the jog-a-thon raised around $15,000 including the HP 1:1 Match.
2015’s funds were used to support:
- Staff professional development
- Middle School enrichment
- Core Knowledge curriculum for elementary
- ACCESS Program
- Grounds Improvement
- Jack and the Beanstalk Puppet show for Elementary School
- Garden shed for the garden club
- Lunch to honor veterans
- Supplies for the teacher/staff breakroom
- Middle School luncheon
- Bike education
- Field Day
- Awards for Students
Funds from past jog a thons continue to support the school’s technology needs with items such as:
- iPods for each of the music teachers to organize classroom music
- headphones and adapters for the computer lab
- Projectors for the classrooms
- Math curriculum
- Wireless microphone
The Golden Shoe Award: This special shoe will be awarded to the class that raises the most money. The winners will celebrate with an awesome classroom sundae party
School Goal Award
- If the school reaches $10,000, Principal Monson will rappel down the side of the school building
All students who participate will receive a cold refreshment after jogging.
Top Fundraiser Awards – top fundraiser from each class will win the following
- Kindergarten will win a Gigaball & Papa’s Pizza Birthday Party Package
- 1st grade will win a Gigaball & Brick 4 Kids Birthday Party Package
- 2nd grade will win a Gigaball and Tickets to CATS & James and the Giant Peach
- 3th grade will win one 64 GB MP4 player with earbuds
- 4th grade will win one 64 GB MP4 player with earbuds
- 5th grade will win one 64 GB MP4 player with earbuds
- 6th grade will win a new skateboard and a 1 hour lesson from Corvallis Skateboard School
- 7th and 8th grade will be competing for 1 top fundraiser spot to win the 1 hour limo ride with 5 friends.
Top Runner Awards
- Top boy and girl runners from each grade will receive coupon for a cold treat.
Participation Drawing Award
This year we have a participation drawing for student who collect $35 or more. 10 Students will be selected.
Jog-a-thon Important Dates
|October 7th||Pledge Packets come home and students find sponsors.|
|October 21th||Students jog! Take home lap card with total number of laps run.|
|November 2nd||Students return pledge packet with this pledge sheet and checks or cash to the school. All pledge money is due on this day.|
|TBA||Individual and class prizes are announced.|
Jog-a-thon Schedule for October 21, 2016
|8:00 AM- 9:00 AM in Gym||Kindergartners|
|8 AM – 9 AM at CHS||7th and 3rd graders|
|9:00 AM -10:00 AM at CHS||
8th, 5th and 2nd graders
|10:00 AM – 11:00 AM at CHS||
6th, 4th and 1st graders
Download the jog a thon packet here.
If you would like to volunteer to help with this year’s Jog-a-thon
contact Joy Ueng at email@example.com or Jasmin Woodside at Jasminwoodside@yahoo.com
or have questions please contact Jasmin Woodside at Jasminwoodside@yahoo.com