October 11, 2019 Newsletter
From the District
Boundary Review Task Force
We need your help recruiting parents and guardians for the Boundary Review Task Force. We are looking for a diverse cross-section of our school communities. If elected, members of the Task Force will:
- Attend weekly meetings from December – February
- Review boundary adjustment scenarios
- Consider community input
- Identify a preferred adjustment scenario
The application is available on our website along with additional information. Paper applications are attached to this email. Questions may be directed to the Assistant Superintendent’s Office 541-766-4700.
Applications are due by November 11, notification will occur on November 15.
Community flyers – week of October 14-18
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
- Information Meeting & Tryouts Future Spartans Basketball
- Timberhill Dental Dollars not Decay
- The Spitfire Grill CSD Theatres
- Brain-Based Discipline – a parenting class
- Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis K-4th Elementary Basketball
Please visit the community flyers page for all current flyers – https://www.csd509j.net/departments/communications/community-flyers/.
¡Los volantes comunitarios ahora se comparten en la página web del Distrito Escolar de Corvallis! Entérese de los programas, deportes y oportunidades en nuestra comunidad. Los volantes publicados para ésta semana a continuación:
- Reunión de información para futuros espartanos basquetbol
- Dólares, no caries de Timberhill Dental
- Basquetbol de primaria 2019-k-4 de Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis
Por favor, visite la página de volantes comunitarios para ver los más recientes volantes – https://www.csd509j.net/departments/communications/community-flyers/.
Dental/Vision Screening – Thursday, October 17
Dental and Vision health screening for all students.
Please sign in at the office by 8:15 am for training – dental/vision screenings begin at 8:30am.
Need 5-6 volunteers to:
- Bring students to/from the screening location & confirm paperwork in hand for vision/dental screening,
- Expedite students through testing, or
- Help run the Spot Machine
- Please click here to volunteer – https://signup.com/go/jXFwSny
Questions about the dental/vision screening volunteer roles? Contact Lacey Purkey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fall 2019 Scholastic Book Fair! – Setup is Wednesday October 16; fair runs October 17-22
Help set up books, sell books, or take down books. We need volunteers from October 16th – 22nd, so grab a friend and sign up to work this year’s Scholastic Book Fair!
- The fair will be open in the mornings from 7:40-8:00 and the afternoons from 2:30-3:30 (1:30-2:30 on Friday)
Several shifts are available & a portion of total sales will go towards purchasing more books from Scholastic for our own Franklin library. We will also have teacher wish lists available for you to purchase books for your classroom teachers.
- Click here to sign up for a shift – https://signup.com/go/FxXYRuN
1st Quarter Staff Appreciation Luncheon – Wednesday, November 6
Our teachers and staff do so much for our kids – let’s thank them with a soup and salad themed luncheon!
- Click here to sign up to bring in food or cleanup – https://signup.com/go/ZzoJOEP
Please bring the soups in a crock pot or similar appliance to keep warm for a couple hours.
All food needs to be in the staff room by 11 am on Wednesday.
Please also collect your container after school.
For luncheon questions, please contact Brandy Stoffel at (503) 310-3689.